Engine Carbon Detox
The benefits to you and your vehicle
Give your vehicle a better chance of passing an MOT, while helping the environment.
Improve Fuel Efficiency
Ensure your vehicle gets more mileage for your money every time you refuel.
As your vehicle gets older it loses power, this can have a negative effect on fuel economy.
Removing engine carbon will result in smoother vehicle performance and a quieter engine.
Return your vehicle's performance back to factory specification!
Help prevent costly repair and MOT bills.
Service Packages Pricing
Engine Carbon Detox
All vehicles 3.0 litre engine or less£99.00
All vehicles over 3.0 litre engine£129.00
DPF Cleaning Service
DPF Clean - All vehicles£199.00
Trade Discount AvailableCall
Multi-car Discount AvailableCall
Economy and Performance Tuningfrom £199.00
Alloy Wheel (Powder Coating)from £250.00
Alloy Wheel (Diamond Cut)from £350.00
3 Door Hatchback£140
5 Door Hatchback£160
2 Door Coupe£160
5 Door Saloon£180
Learn About Engine Carbon Detox & DPF Cleaning
OUR expert answers the most frequently asked questions about the services.
Engine Carbon Detox How does it work?
Engine carbon detox is a simple 30-40 minute process using our hydrogen gas technology. By feeding the gas into the air intake system excess carbon is removed from all the engine components and then exits through the exhaust system as water vapour. The process is proven to improve and on occasion completely eradicate poor running issues. Carbon build up is more common in diesel vehicles, cars rarely driven, taxis, buses and vehiceles with high mileage.
What is it?
DPF Deep Clean is a professional treatment designed to clean Diesel Particulate Filters that have become blocked due to a build-up of soot. It is a much more cost effective solution than replacing the DPF. This treatment includes a direct flush into the DPF followed by a diagnostic regeneration of the DPF to reset the engine management system followed by a test drive. In some cases the cause of the blockage can be the incorrect oil grade being used In the vehicle.
All modern cars and vans on the road today have an ECU (Engine Control Unit). This ECU can almost be described as the vehicles ‘brain’ and contains a small processor that takes information from various sensors throughout the engine. It analyses information such as the engine temperature, accelerator pedal angle, oxygen content in the burnt exhaust gases as well as many more parameters. Using the information from these sensors it can then add the right quantity of fuel, at just the right time to provide a good mix of fuel economy, performance and emission control.
Customer Commitment Why ECD Scotland?
As a passionate car enthusiast, performance and efficiency has always been important. At ECD Scotland we can't think of anything better than working in an industry that we have genuine belief in the benefits of the service to our customers. Seeing the positive results in customers vehicles plus knowing we are saving them money on fuel and future repairs is extremely rewarding.
For customer convenience we are a mobile company and come to you to perform our service.
Engine Carbon Detox Scotland
Offering quick and efficient service to benefit your vehicle
- 5% - Limo Black
- 20% - Dark Smoke
- 35% - Smoke
- 50% - Light Smoke
The Benefits to you and your vehicle
Learn about Engine Carbon Detox full range of alloy services
We offer both powder coating and diamond cut finishes.
Basically, the tinting law states that front windscreens and front side windows depend on when the vehicle was first used. If the vehicle was first used on April 1, 1985, then the required percentage of the darkness of the tint should be at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.
But, if the car was first used before April 1, 1985, the front windscreen and front side windows must both let at least 70% of light through.
This is an alloy wheel which has been put on a lathe and part of or the entire painted surface of the wheel machined off to leave a shiny alloy finish. A small part of the actual alloy is machined off to create this finish. It is then lacquered over to prevent corrosion.
You will be able to see if your wheel is diamond cut if on close inspection you see very fine lines created by the cutting machine and the appearance is very shiny. This may be harder to distinguish if you wheels are of poor quality, old or corroded.
Not all wheels can be diamond cut as this depends on the profile of the face of the wheel, your Wheel Specialist technician will advise you if it is possible.
Engine Carbon Detox Scotland
Offering Custom Alloy Wheel Finishes
Here’s a step-by-step guide to how a professional technician will apply alloy wheel powder coating.
- Remove the whole wheel from the car. As this is a full refurbishing, the wheels need to come off so when powder coating wheels you should get them rebalanced when they are replaced
- Manually clean and degrease wheels with a specialist alloy wheel cleaner
- Sandblast to remove and loosen tougher particles
- Manually sand the wheel to get rid of the trickiest grime
- Go over the wheel again with a cleaner / degreaser and a brush
- Heat the rim in an industrial oven to release gases that could cause flaws in the final finish
- Apply the powder coating to the alloy wheel with a specialist spray gun
- Return the rim to the oven until the powder starts to run out to a gel like consistency over the surface of the wheel
- Apply lacquer and heat treat to set
Here’s a step-by-step guide to how a professional technician will apply a diamond cut finish.
- The wheels are placed in the acid bath until all the paint is removed.
- We then jet wash the wheels to remove all the acid and loose paint.
- Any damage is then removed using a number of techniques.
- The wheels are then placed in our oven and heated up.
- We then prime the wheels and bake them again.
- The primer is then ‘flatted off’ to ensure a smooth paint finish.
- The wheels are then heated up again and painted in the colour of your choice and baked off again. The colour you choose will be visible on the insets of the wheels.
- The spokes and edges are then ‘scored’ before being turned on the lathe.
- Any sharp edges are then sanded.
- They are then heated up and lacquered to protect the polished metal.
- The wheels are left to cool before they have the tyres refitted.
AHMED - BMW driver
My high mileage vehicle has went from being sluggish and loud to performing well, quieter and using less fuel - very happy
EMMA - Honda driver
Quick, easy and efficient. Would recommend to anyone who drives their car a lot
STEVEN - Honda driver
Great, efficient service with no problems at all. Car is definitely more responsive throughout the rev range.
Andrew - Mini driver
Great service on my mini. took it for a quick drive today and it certainly seems smoother anyway. customer service was great as well.
9870 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, DC 45 Fr 45. 800 2345-6789